Guided Pack Trips
All events at Namaste have been temporarily cancelled due to Covid-19.
Llamas are exceptional hiking companions. Originating from South America, they were first domesticated to work as beasts of burden in mountainous regions. Today our llamas have been trained to carry our gear on the trail. While eastern-Iowa does not provide the opportunity to climb to any high elevation, the llamas do enjoy getting out into the wilderness. In the summer of 2020 we will be offering guided one mile hiking trips for groups of 5 - 10 individuals. 5 of our llamas will be fitted out into professional packing equipment and carry our snacks, water and supplies to specific destination. Once there, your group will be able to enjoy a relaxing lunch. You are welcome to bring your own or for $10/person we'll treat you to a locally sourced lunch and Iowa wine! Afterwards we will hike out of the trails and unpack the llamas together.
During this experience you will...
- Be given a short "Llamas 101" and learn how to properly navigate with your new hiking companion.
- Learn how to suit a llama up in several different packing systems
- Enjoy a 2 mile hike on a carefully inspected trail with Nick Hauptly as your guide.
- Take a 30 minute break to enjoy a locally sourced lunch on the trails.
- Help remove packing systems from the llamas and load them into the trailer.
- Be provided with organic healthy snacks and bottled water.
$200.00 - Guided Packing Trips (includes 1 - 10 people)
Add $10.00/per person for Namaste Farm to pack a locally sourced lunch and wine for all guests.
Add $100 to add 1 - 5 more guests. 4 more llamas and an additional guide will be provided for the experience however they will not be wearing packs.
Looking for something a little different?
If you are looking for a more intimate hiking experience, you might want to check out our llama friends at Prairie Patch Farm in Schueyville. While there you will enjoy meeting the Boutte family and hiking on the farm's 50 acres of mowed trails through a wildlife refuge & nature preserve. To book with the Boutte family, please visit this link: https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/810194?source=p2